Hawliau Plant - Children’s Rights
‘Children’s Rights’ are very important to everyone at Ysgol Comins Coch. In school we are all raising awareness about the importance of the Rights of the Child.
Sally Holland is the Children’s Commissioner for Wales. Our school has ‘Super Ambassadors’ who support Sally Holland in ensuring that all children know about their Rights.
The Super Ambassadors have 3 important jobs to do –
- Tell other children in the school about the Commissioner and her powers.
- Make sure that the other children know about the Children’s Rights.
- Do special tasks during the year for the Commissioner.
Our Super Ambassadors also –
- Attend Children’s Rights meetings in school where they discuss and decide which ‘Right’ to promote for the month.
- Participate in whole school Assemblies where they share the ‘Right’ for the month with the rest of the children. They also talk about the reasons why a particular ‘Right’ has been chosen.
- Ensure that Children’s Rights articles are displayed around the school and in the classrooms.
- Encourage and support KS 2 children to create a logo for ‘Ysgol Comins Coch Children’s Rights.’
- Support and promote local and national charities.