Year 3/Blwyddyn 3
A Warm Welcome to Year 3
Class letter Autumn Term
Welcome to the new term!
Our initial theme this term is ‘Pirates’. We will also be looking at a number of well-being activities to help to settle the children back into school J
Here is some general information about our class and classroom routines.
- The class teachers are Miss Hughes (Monday) and Mrs Morgan (Tuesday – Friday).
- Reading books: In line with current guidelines, we will be trying to minimise items coming back and forth from school to homes. Therefore, we will not be using book bags initially and school reading books will remain in school. Pupils will read regularly with staff in school. We will be using the Oxford Reading Tree scheme in school. You can access eBooks at home through Oxford Owl. Go to the Oxford Owl website. You will have to register but it is very simple and free. https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- P.E. kit: Every child will need a change of clothes. Their kit can be placed on their peg and remain in school for the half term. Pupils can leave trainers/pumps in their PE bag or wear their trainers to school.
- We encourage pupils to bring in some fruit for ‘amser tocyn’. Can we kindly ask that all children bring a coat and a water bottle to school every day. Bottles cannot be filled in school so can you please ensure that your child arrives with sufficient water for the day.
- All pupils are asked to bring their own pencil case as personal equipment should not be shared with others. We suggest that pupils require pencils, a rubber, sharpener and a set of coloured pencils. Felt tipped pens, gel pens, crayons and highlighters are not required.
- Thank you to those who have returned their orange forms (Information from Parents). Can we please ask that all forms are returned as soon as possible and that all contact details are current. We do appreciate having more than one contact number in the case of an emergency. The majority of communication will be done via parentmail, so unless you have requested otherwise, all letters will be sent via email.
- After school arrangements: If there are any changes to the usual arrangements for collecting your child after school could you please inform staff in the morning so we are aware of any different circumstances.
- TTRock Stars: This term the children will be using TT Rock Stars. Times Table Rock Stars is a fun and challenging programme designed to help students master the times tables! We will be giving the children individual log-ins for the website so that it can be used at home.
Thank you for your co-operation and if you have any questions please feel free to ask for further information.
Home Learning Activities
Theme - Living Things
Thema - Pethau Byw
Class letter - International Day 2020